BanQu, Inc. (BanQu)
This Software as a Service (“SaaS”) Support Policy apply to the support provided to our customers who include a support package in their service license purchases. The Customer Support Site can be accessed at http://support.banquapp.com. (Note: This portal is in process of being developed/deployed.)
BanQu provides customer support in two packages – Basic Care and Premium Care, details of which are listed at the end of the document. Technical support is provided for issues that are demonstrable in supported releases.
Scope of Support Services
BanQu provides the following support for Product issues related to the Product or to Product customization executed by the BanQu application (BanQu Code) in relation to the production instance.
- Hot fixes – Severity Level 1 fixes that are created to address any problems with BanQu Code shall be delivered as patches.
- Any other BanQu Code resolutions for Severity Levels 2 and 3, or BanQu Code feature enhancements, shall be scoped in upcoming BanQu product releases. If the resolution is de-scoped from next available release, customers will be informed of the resolution timeline.
- Support in the form of advice related to troubleshooting or query of problem resolution related to usage of the standard software will be via the BanQu web-based support portal. Support for problems or issues will be provided with reasonable response times.
Product support excludes Support Services for Product customization executed by customers without BanQu (Non-BanQu Code). Any review or advice BanQu provides regarding Non-BanQu Code shall be:
- At BanQu discretion, and
- In accordance with the BanQu standard hourly services fee at mutually agreed rates, on a case-by-case basis.
Product Releases and Upgrades
Frequency of Product releases will be aligned to the BanQu Product Roadmap and are provided free of cost. Product upgrades may contain, but are not limited to, critical fixes, added functionality, and documentation updates. Support Services shall be limited to the most current version of the Product and the previous two generally available versions (“Applicable Releases”). Any Support Services for generally available releases other than Applicable Releases will be deemed extended Support Services and will be provided at mutually agreed rates, on a case-by-case basis.
Customer Support Portal (Currently in Development)
BanQu provides customers with “First Line Support”. Customers are served via a dedicated support portal to log a case, or to get information on package version updates, newly added features, resolved issues, and much more.
Technical Support Contacts and Responsibilities
- First Line Support shall include but not be limited to (i) a direct response to users with respect to inquiries concerning the performance, functionality or operation of the Product, (ii) a diagnosis of problems or issues of the Product, (iii) a resolution of problems or issues of the Product, if possible, and (iv) identifying if the request relates to the Product.
- BanQu may designate one or more individuals as “technical contacts” to serve as liaisons with customers for technical support of the Product. When submitting a service request, the BanQu technical contact must have a baseline understanding of the problem they are encountering and an ability to identify if the issue relates to the Product and describe the problem (and if possible, reproduce it) in order diagnose and triage the problem. To avoid interruptions in Support Services, customers must notify BanQu representative or the BanQu Support team whenever customers’ technical contact responsibilities are transferred to another individual.
- BanQu technical contacts shall be responsible for (i) diagnosing and identifying if the request relates to (a) the BanQu Code or (b) Non-BanQu Code, (ii) over-seeing service request activity, (iii) developing and deploying troubleshooting processes, and (iv) initiating cases via the support portal.
- BanQu may review service requests logged by technical contacts, and may recommend specific training to help avoid service requests that would be prevented by such training.
- Reporting Support Issues – Customers initiate Support Services requests by submitting a case on the BanQu Support Portal.
- Assignment of Severity Levels – Customers assign a Severity Level at the time the case is logged. BanQu may propose that the Severity Level designated by customers be reclassified (i) if BanQu reasonably considers that the Severity Level has been incorrectly designated, or (ii) a Severity Level designation may be proposed to be downgraded to reflect changed circumstances (for example, a Severity Level 1 error may be proposed to be downgraded to Severity Level 2 or 3 after a workaround has been implemented). If customers do not agree with the proposed reclassification of Severity Level, BanQu and customers will agree an approach in good faith.
- Severity Level diagnoses that are determined to relate to Non-BanQu Code will be removed and customers are responsible, unless BanQu agrees to resolve Non-BanQu code problems.
- BanQu will not execute BanQu Code feature enhancements until approved by the BanQu product management team.
- BanQu will provide issue updates and relevant details in the Support Portal. Licensor will update the case with a root cause analysis within 15 days of resolution.
Severity Level Definitions
All issues reported by customers shall be assigned a Severity Level at the time the issue is logged in the Support Portal. The parties may agree to re-classify severity levels that have been incorrectly assigned or as issues are resolved or workarounds become available. Issues shall be classified as follows:
Severity 1 (Complete Loss of Service) – means that in the production instance, BanQu Code is not functioning to the degree that
- System has crashed and is not available
- Complete feature of a critical business flow is not available or inaccessible. Work is totally disrupted and business is critically impacted
- Data severely corrupted that is causing considerable business loss
Severity 1 issues identified by the customer and approved by BanQu technical staff require the customer to have dedicated resources available and on-call to assist with the resolution of the issue.
Severity 2 (Significant Loss of Service) – means BanQu Code is not functioning to the degree that
- Product features are operational but defective to the point of impact on users
- Significant function is impacted and no reasonable workaround is available
- Issue is persistent and affects many users
- Data is corrupted causing moderate business loss
Severity 3 (Minor Loss of Service) – means that BanQu Code is operating close to normal, but there is a non-critical issue for which an operational bypass exists for such an error
Cases identified as Product enhancements, additional Product functionality, or customization to the Product will be considered for the BanQu Product Development Roadmap or may be addressed under a specific customer statement of work for a customization. These cases are reviewed and addressed by BanQu Product Management on a case-by-case basis.
Change of Severity Level
BanQu Support Staff will adjust downgrades and upgrades of the Severity Level of an issue to reflect the most current impact on production. In requesting any assignment of a higher Severity Level, customers must provide BanQu with sufficient data to support the increased adverse impact on production and business activity. Customer is responsible to provide the correct data to justify the business impact. BanQu is not responsible for any failure to meet specified targets caused by customer’s incorrect information or misjudgment of Severity Levels.
Response Times (See Package Explanation Grid Below)
BanQu does not guarantee resolution time, as this varies on a case-by-case basis. BanQu technical support staff will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly respond to the logged cases based on published Service Level policies. If a resolution demands a complicated fix, BanQu Engineering staff may provide reasonable workarounds enabling the customer to avoid losing critical business time. If a reasonable workaround is available to the issue logged to make it work as per the published documentation, BanQu will not be under any obligation to fix the reasonable workaround.
BanQu Engineering staff will make every effort to meet the Service Care Objectives stated in the table below. Customer Success Engineering staff will be committed to engage with the customer contact (24×7) to resolve Severity 1 issues until the issue is resolved or until a workaround is provided to downgrade the case to a lower severity.
To increase the number of BanQu licenses you have, please file a support case specifying the number and type of additional licenses needed, Admin and/or Standard. An invoice will be promptly sent to you to cover your required new licenses. Once payment is received, the additional licenses will be provisioned for you within four (4) business days.
BanQu, Inc. SaaS Support Packages
We recognize the critical importance of quick response times to the cases or issues faced by customers. BanQu offers two support packages to take care of contingencies.